11-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #19
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
I don't know how accurate this is but a few dealers around San Diego told me they were expecting a $100,000 mark up for the i8 (this was a few weeks before you could actually order one) I can't wait to see the actual numbers and see how much over sticker people ended up paying.

I believe the US MSRP for the i8 was ~$137,000 but I have no idea how much options cost.
Have it in writing with the owner of the dealership that he's selling it to me for MSRP (they never charge over sticker and he told me about the first M1 they sold), only conditions were that they get to keep it the week they get it for their "Grand opening" of the "i" part of the dealership, roped off of course. He gets right of first offer if I decide to sell.

The product manager of BMW "i" stated at the LA auto show that they come with nearly everything standard at the base price price, "very few options." Basically said "pick your color, wheels, interior and you're good to go" which makes me hope for that price they're just making HUD, surround camera/radar, cruise, etc. standard and the only options might be the already announced carbon-fiber wheels and, in other countries, laser headlights...maybe a upgraded stereo.

Last edited by Carac; 11-26-2013 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0