View Single Post
      04-30-2024, 05:29 PM   #319
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
The mechanical failure that Hamilton had while leading late in the 2016 season would have seen Hamilton take the championship. Anyone who knows anything about F1 knows that.

As I repeatedly state...Hamilton in his rookie season bested the x2 world champion Alonso.
Who else in the history of modern F1 has competed so strongly in their rookie year against a current F1 champion as their team mate.

How on earth do you manage to characterise Hamilton as average in the context of that performance.

On crashes...this from 2021:
The German Autobild stated:
The Dutchman has already crashed out 28 times in his career so far and that is more often than Hamilton in his entire Formula 1 career. The Briton crashed out 26 times.

Thats with more than twice the number of years in F1.
Well, when Ham was getting favored and the upgrades and Alo wasn’t it makes sense. Again, Max in the same car would have beaten either of them. And neither were good enough to enter at 17 so it’s not valid to try to compare when neither would ever have a shot at F1 so young. Max jumped in right away and everyone said he was supremely impressive. If you compare Max to either Alo or Ham at the same age which is more relevant he owns them.
DNFs can happen without a crash, but Ham has had his fair share and again, since 2021 he is at the top when it comes to contact with other drivers while Max is one of the least.
In modern F1, how any get a car capable of winning WDC cars right away let alone one they just won 2x in a row? Jacques nearly won his first year in F1 and we know he wasn’t a top 10 driver in history. His first season was more impressive. I also ask again, how many people go right into a WDC winning car? Basically none, and the fact that Ham only won due to a cheating scandal tells you all you need to know. Where did he go after that? He disappeared until he got an F1 car in a field of F4 cars. Helen Keller could have won in that MB for all those years.
Appreciate 3