05-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
kv12
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i E39, X2 F39, 330 G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirm5 View Post
Agree 100%. If this is BMWs design language for a hot sports car, they're not speaking to me at all.

The Fisker Karma, any Aston, Jaguar XKR, Ferrari F12, hell, even the new 'Vette (with a few less vents) and the new Viper - those are all beautiful sports cars. This looks like something you'd see in a cheesy B movie set in the future.

What happened to the design team that produced the Z8??

I'm hoping this is just the approach for their electric vehicles and we don't see this anywhere else.
The design language used in the i3 and i8 is derivative of BMW designs but it is actually designed with it's own cues because BMW is marketing this as a separate "BMW i" brand apart from the rest of the line up...

The BMW i Design language conveys efficiency and performance... rather then being Ultimate Driving Machine like BMW traditionally known for.

I have never driven an i3 or i8 before... but I am looking forward to if they send me there to drive it, but no doubt it will handle and feel like a BMW should, even though it is styled and marketed as a "BMW i" product.
Appreciate 0