03-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

LEAKED: BMW i8 Spyder Concept.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Leaked well in advance ahead of the embargo. The CZ Autosite Autoforum has leaked the pictures of BMW's latest Concept Car ahead of its Premiere at Auto China 2012 in Beijing.

Where the BMW i8 Spyder will take centre stage with three other world premieres.

The pictures reveal so much detail including how the production i8 will look once the concept glass doors are replaced by conventional doors without losing the unique butterfly wing operation. As stated before the i8 Spyder retains the strong aerodynamic butresses of the Coupe but follows function by forming the overhead protection safety system, and having I have discussed previously.

BMW are very much thinking of adding the i8 Spyder to production alongside the regular i8 to enhance its overall mission statement - As The Most progressive Sports car. Now you can have a better understanding of both the i8's appearance and how they have retained that futuristic essence of the concept and are taking it right through to production.

Stay posted for further BMW news for the Beijing Autoshow this April.
Attached Images