04-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #36
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
It appears to me that the pdf is for European cars, specifically Great Britain (hence the "gb" in the file name). I say that also because the file refers to availability of laser lights later this year, which as we know will not be available in the U.S. (at least not in the immediate future). The text also appears to be written for the British market, with spelling of "tyres", "colour", etc.

I'm hoping that when we see the equivalent info on the bmwusa site, it will clear up the confusion, and deliver on the fully featured car we were all expecting. If Scott26 is listening, perhaps he can help clear this up.

Ahh, good eye. Maybe there's still hope for not being nickel and dimed. And I'm having a REAL hard time finding how they would implement the part of "Pure Impulse" that has to do with special events and lifestyle stuff with a country as large as America, the logistics alone. It makes much more sense in more centralized and compact countries like the UK and Germany.

It's also more in line with BMW i US' marketing. Even at the NY auto show last week the head of BMW i marketing said during an interview that you just choose your interior, your wheels, your paint and "that's it." We'll see.

Last edited by Carac; 04-27-2014 at 06:17 PM..
Appreciate 0