View Single Post
      10-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSCOTT View Post
I have a 2014 Rex and have 10k miles on it. I am now going on my 3rd set of tires. I love the car and the concept. I went from a Chevy Volt to the more advanced BMW. I have inquired with my BMW service mgr and he has 5 I3's that are having the same issue. The inside of all 4 tires are wearing out. The outside and middle are fine. He told me that he has been talking with his BMW service rep but not gettin very far. BMW say they have not heard of this issue as of yet. Seems very strange that only one BMW store is having this issue. Is anyone else having the same issue?
No - this is neither common, nor acceptable.
Inside wear == too much negative camber.

Check the alignment (at a professional tire shop, NOT the dealer) and bring it to factory spec. Should cost you $80-150 (depending on where you live).

You could THEN argue with BMW/dealer for reimbursement, but as I found out the hard way, such claims are usually denied after first 1K miles.

Good luck,
a

P.S.: I have i3-REX on 19" all-seasons with ~6K miles on them, and maybe 2/32ds of even tire wear all around.
P.P.S.: I hope the dealer was charging you for tires a price that's not much higher than what you can get form tirerack.com:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...SortCode=57245
Appreciate 0