Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Yea talked to the dealer and they said 10k miles is considered the life of these tires. He joked and said their basically donuts and they just don't last.
Your dealer has a sick sense of humor, or enjoys playing on your nerves for no good reason.

I'm now at 9K miles on my OEM set of tires, and they are nowhere near 1/2 worn.
Based on previously documented rate of wear (see my post above), I expect 20-25K miles out of the OEM set. Not great, but not bad at all.

And I am anything but easy on the tires.
The OEM set on my M3 lasted me less than 8K (awesomely enjoyable) miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
What a joke. With the price of gas and the inflated price BMW has on the i3 I can see their second hand price tumbling. Now the i3 tires only last the same as motor bike tires which their is 4 of not 2 the i3 is a black hole to pour money into.
Sounds like you are extremely unlikely to become an i3 owner.
Why are you even bothering to troll this section of bimmerpost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMondragon View Post
Are there any other brands than Ecopia that makes rear 175/55-20 tires?
Not today.
At least nor according to the TireRack:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Selec...&autoYear=2015

Quote:
The cheapest I'm finding them for is $151 + $16 shipping per tire (USD). After mounting & balancing just the rear tires, that's close to $400 USD every 10k miles.
TireRack lists 19" Ecopias for $132.20 fronts and 143.05 rears. That's $550.50 / set.

That will be by FAR the cheapest set of tires I will have purchased for any of my cars in 20+ years...

And that's every 20-25K miles, not ten.

Quote:
I have 700 miles on the car and I'm already seeing the inner tread on the rear tires wearing down fast. I don't doubt they'll be smooth by 1000 miles
If you are noticing abnormal rate of tire wear, go have the dealer re-align the car ASAP. BMW will cover the cost of alignment withing the first 1,000 miles of ownership!

a
Yea tell me about it! It may be the summer sport tires he was referring to for the shorter life span than the 19" Mines the softer rubber 20" tires so that may be why their not long for this world. I'm at 11k miles and still look good to me but not sure if I can make it to 20k we shall see.
Appreciate 0