Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Cool BMW Launches BMW i Marketing Campaign

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW Launches BMW i Marketing Campaign
COMMENTS

Munich. Saturday evening saw the launch of teaser communications for the new BMW sub-brand (official info here). Light installations and video projections illuminated BMW Group buildings around the Petuelring road in the north of Munich. The four-cylinder building, BMW Welt and BMW Museum were bathed in the colours of BMW i.

The new BMW sub-brand itself was launched at today’s press conference in the BMW Welt. The print campaign for BMW i will initially feature two motifs.

As of Tuesday, a giant poster at the Munich Opera house and on other squares around the city of Munich will present the world of BMW i to the public.

The new brand’s affiliation with its parent brand, BMW, is clearly recognisable, thanks to the design cues taken from BMW’s Corporate Identity. However, in terms of motifs and colours, BMW i is venturing into new territory. Naturally vibrant, highly aesthetic images with a futuristic atmosphere will characterise communications. Initially, the focus will be on lifestyle images. These will gradually be complemented with more and more content relating to the products.

The new website, www.BMW-i.com, demonstrates the visionary and sustainable approach of the new brand. With films about the world of BMW i , design sketches and details of the revolutionary engineering principles behind the BMW i3 and BMW i8, the site offers a clear view toward future mobility.

Another part of BMW i can be found with mobility services. In addition its own service range, the BMW Group is working to offer services through corporate partnerships and strategic investments. To support its efforts in this area, it has founded a venture capital company called BMW i Ventures. This will help the new sub-brand expand its product portfolio over the longer term through investments in highly innovative service providers. The first company in which BMW i Ventures holds a stake is My City Way, whose mobile information portal is available as a smartphone app.

The BMW i website will also pick up on public debates around the latest developments in urbanisation, sustainability and mobility. Its activities will feature on social media websites, including the Facebook fan site www.facebook.com/bmw.i, the Twitter channel www.twitter.com/BMWi (available end of this week) and the YouTube channel www.youtube.com/bmwi.

Name:  P90073232.jpg
Views: 3625
Size:  177.2 KB

Name:  P90073234.jpg
Views: 3875
Size:  149.5 KB

Name:  P90073235.jpg
Views: 2918
Size:  135.5 KB

Name:  P90073236.jpg
Views: 4476
Size:  140.9 KB