Thread: i3- Risky
View Single Post
      06-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #18
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

REx check engine issues aside, the only other thing I see commented on is with the ACC which seems sensitive to line markings, shadows, and curves, but you can turn that portion off and have it work as a 'normal' cruise control. SOme have reported that if you didn't close the rear doors well, the door open indication lights up. Not sure what kind of sensor they use, but it's likely just a slight adjustment, not a generic fault. BMW has put a lot of miles on their prototypes and there are a fair number of users from the start of sales in Europe before they came to the USA. That may be one reason why, with the last minute changes to the REx operation, why those in the USA are seeing the check engine indication where (to my knowledge) those in Europe are not.

WRT efficiency, one needs to consider that there's a considerable difference in actual watts delivered to the ground with an electric vehicle verses the raw energy of a gallon of gasoline where the conversion process to usable energy is still relatively poor compared to nearly 100% between the batteries and motive power. You need to compare apples to apples.
Appreciate 0