06-08-2014, 05:58 AM   #21
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmachine View Post
Well now we have established you understand multiplication and division, by the way algebra is not required for you calculation, but that's ok I excelled in algebra and calculus too. Not to mention differential equations.

So internal combustion engines are inherently inefficient if they get less miles per kwh than the electric motor used in EV's!!!! according to your number even.!!!

You are making progress here.

However I will give you a hint, the Toyota Prius plug-in is the most efficient EV on the planet. look at the numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, me too (physics major). But education acumen aside, I'm not talking about fuel efficiency of electric vehicles vs. gasoline vehicles, but rather energy density of hydrocarbon fuel vs. electric battery storage. Just merely trying to point out that maybe as a society we should use R&D dollars from Government to research better ways to convert the stored energy in hydrocarbon fuel (since it has one of the highest energy density coefficients) of mobile-based fuels (i.e. fuel you can take with you) rather than trying to advance battery technology, since I think battery technology has materials limitations on reaching the energy density of hydrocarbon fuel.

You had to go and take this to some stupid hybrid vs. ICE discussion I guess to defend your purchase of an i3 and a Lexus 450h. Still not sure why you can't comprehend the Tesla S battery has the equivalent stored energy of around 2.5 gallons of gasoline; it's been published as such.
Appreciate 0