03-23-2018, 05:41 AM   #20
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Fact: No airspace is managed by computer. Machines intermingle with other machines, with human action key in all of it.

A commercial airplane is, by far, the single most complex vehicle on the face of the planet. Why? Safety and redundancy. Yet even those systems are still not even close to being totally autonomous within the framework of air travel. Why? The risk is still too great, even with an extra axis of space to work with (altitude) and exponentially far, far less vehicular traffic to contend with. Doesn't that tell you something?

Question for you: Would you fly on a plane that taxied, took off, flew, landed, and taxied again, with absolutely no human guidance? Didn't think so.

Fact: No wartime action is engaged by computer. I'm sorry, but I want an actual human being firing that guided missile, and an actual human being destroying that guided missile if it's found that the target is illegitimate. Don't you?
I mean, heck, you've seen the movie The Terminator, right? Scary stuff
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00