11-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #20
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Yea it sucks mileage wise, but with the winter tires and summer tires swapping it out every 6 moths technically I can get two years per set.

And considering the tires are fairly cheap the i3 saves me enough in two months for what I was spending on gas to cover a new set so savings from 10 months is still great . Not ideal but not bad! You still come out ahead.

Besides with all the incentives that go on people can get a brand new one for the price of a well optioned Mini Cooper and that ain't to shabby ! Well in the USA anyway, I know different countries have different policies.
Why should tax payers subsidise your car to make it look affordable and why should a company make money due to tax payers subsidising the cost.

Gas price is cheaper than water in America why would you even bother.

What is the true cost of charging the i3 per mile.

Don't get me wrong I planned on buying an i3 but could not make the numbers work. Their's no subsidies in New Zealand and this is the way it should be.

BMW 1 series is half the price and does 40 miles per gallon. It would take an i3 a life time to maybe get the gas saving returned but properly wouldn't as the i3 can only travel short distances before charging is required. Batteries are only warrantied for 8 years how long will these batteries last.

I'm not trying to be a troll over the i3 I'm trying to understand the car and why people purchase the i3.
Appreciate 0