05-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #51
kv12
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i E39, X2 F39, 330 G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braap View Post
Show of hands; how many people want to shell out $150k+ for a 'supercar' that can barely 'dust a WRX' through the canyons?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

But this isn't supposed to be a super car... The BMW i8 is supposed to be an advanced hybrid electric car with sporting capabilities with super car looks all the while still achieving exceptional economy. Not only that, the BMW i8 is supposed to pioneer the most sustainable manufacturing processes and most sustainable materials.

The $140K price is out of my own price range too and I understand it's not a car meant for me. This car is for those who value innovation and sustainability but at the same time doesn't want to sacrifice all of the fun.

Yes, a traditional BMW is supposed to be about handling, steering feel and power and Hoffmeister Kink and Halo rings. Which is why BMW created this BMW i sub brand with a completely different philosophy where the focus is on sustainability still retaining some of the handling and feel and power and gone are the Hoffmeister Kink (ala i3) and the Halo Rings (the whole BMW i range)

Last edited by kv12; 05-01-2014 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0