View Single Post
      07-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #9
Peteypab2133
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 GT500 on order / E90 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btyler227 View Post
I don't know. I mean, how often does one change their seat once they have found their desired position? And I don't think this car will be one that is constantly shared. Seems to me that it will be driven by one person most of the time (a hunch). My last BMW had electronic seats, and although it was a nice convenience, it didn't mean much to me cause I set it and forget it. I doubt this will be a deal breaker for the sub 40k electric Bimmer.
Pretty sure its about principle. If you pay $40,000 a car the basic necessities are electric locks, seats, and windows. Also for $40,000 I would ask for a navigation screen that actually does navigation. Not pay another $1000.00 on top of the base screen to get the availability of turn by turn. Also for $40,000 I expect heated seats minimum, with the option for either a heated steering wheel or ventilated AC seats (the kia optima comes with them).

I know these companies are trying to make these cars priced desirable, but most people dont want them. Pain in the ass to charge, cost of ownership after 5 years is unknown, no power, not really saving the environment, looks are generally weak, (interior gadgets are fun on these cars, I give them that)...

I wouldnt own this, nor the leaf or the volt. The Tesla now is purposeful and does many great things with great looks to go with it. The price is high, but the money saved in gas monthly plus the opportunity to destroy the over hyped M3 in a drag race for around the same price while making no noise makes me smile.

2013 GT500 + 2006 E90
Appreciate 0