View Single Post
      09-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #20
Judah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632
Only got through the first 3 videos so far, but wanted to post how much I enjoyed the Moses Lake facility video.

I have never been into the green thing to be honest, but it's growing on me. I very much respect BMW for taking the green philosophy and not only producing an electric vehicle (i3) and hybrid (i8) but for doing so with focus on the green philosophy in every aspect of the production.

I understand one of the counter arguments against EV's has been regarding the use of not-so-green energy sources in the manufacturing process, thereby offsetting any potential benefits of the emissions gains, and it is quite apparent that BMW understands this very well and has taken truly serious steps to ensure that the sustainability philosophy permeates the entire production process.

Man, I sound like marketing for BMW, but seeing all of the work and development that has gone into the BMWi project is truly deserving of respect.

Mad props BMW, and good to know the source of the CF is good ole' US of A!
People throw the words "game changer" around pretty willy nilly but this time it holds true. BMW changed the game and put themselves well ahead of the competition. Proprietary carbon clothe, WOW !

This is a well thought out and executed plan with more to come I'm sure.
Appreciate 0