View Single Post
      09-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #30
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

The interior is cannibalizing many parts from other models still- You can even see how the angle of the dash is not right and they have a plastic piece to indicate where the "wing" of the dash will be. The switches are out of other current models as well.

This is still an extremely early interior, I'd almost compare it to the MINI F56 that was using an F20 interior.

On the outside in real life it looks very similar to the concept- the blue and white swirls do wonders to hide lines. Anyone that thinks this will look like anything currently on the road is not on the right page. This car will be something totally different than the rest.

Most of the models running around now are of range extender variety. They will be plug in and use a small highly efficient generator to recharge the batteries for extended trips. The generator will never be coupled directly to the wheel or power them.

This ReX version is being targeted for the US market and will launch after the fully electric version.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves on pricing and let's be realistic. The Leaf is almost $40k without government money and it is NOT luxurious and NOT made or CFRP or feature any of the creature comforts the i3 will. This is still a premium offering and just like not everyone can afford a BMW they won't be able to afford a BMWi. BMW is in the business of Premium and not econo boxes.

BMW will also be offering a system for BMWi owners to use a traditional fleet if they need access to a car with more range for a trip etc. This may be in the form of monthly vouchers that can be redeemed and is part of the price of entry of the BMWi vehicle- so you won't need to rent a car if you are taking a long trip etc. There will also be other perks coming... This will redefine premium mobility.

I am excited to see this all evolve and can't wait to get one as my DD. Helps offset my carbon use in the M3