View Single Post
      12-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lightbulb BMW i3 Hybrid Range Extended Prototype Spied, with Good Look at Production Interior

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW i3 Hybrid Range Extended Prototype Spied, with Good Look at Production Interior
COMMENTS
Name:  DSC_2652.jpg
Views: 12126
Size:  429.1 KB

The BMW i3 prototype has now dropped some camouflage and we've spied it testing in Munich.

This particular prototype is the range-extended hybrid model (as indicated by the sticker affixed to the prototype) instead of the pure electric model. No official specs have been released on the hybrid i3 model, but we've seen speculation ranging from a 0.6 liter 2-cylinder gasoline engine to a 1.5 liter 3-cylinder gasoline engine serving as a range extender motor in charging the batteries for extra mileage.

Like the pure-electric i3, the hybrid i3 should be powered by a 134 horsepower electric motor running on lithium-ion batteries and driving the rear wheels. BMW is aiming to achieve a 160 km (100 mi) range.

Pricing for the i3 has been speculated to start in the 35000-40000 euros range.

Interior:

These photos give us the best look yet at the production interior which looks very similar to the close-to-production interior that was recently revealed on the BMW i3 Coupe Concept.

Follow our BMW i coverage and news @ http://www.bimmerpost.com/bmwi/

BMW i3 Hybrid Prototype

BMW i3 Concepts for comparison:

Appreciate 0