03-18-2018, 06:22 AM   #5
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I'm thinking balance, because it varies with speed. Possibly a bent rim; the car was used in the city extensively earlier in its life and could have hooked a pothole or curb.

Thanks for the perspective. I'm dipping my toe into p-cars, and while a 993 appeals to me more on paper, I want to see if I like the experience at all before committing at quite that level. I also felt a greater sense of refinement in general from the 996, which is why the grumbles and rumbles seemed out of place. I even asked if the tires might have been overinflated for storage purposes; owner said no.
The 996 is a great car, but to be honest I couldn't get past the headlights. Maybe that makes me shallow. If I was going for a newer Porsche I'd be looking at a 997 or 991, both are a bit more expensive than a 996 but I think you'd be happier. I've always loved the 993, but couldn't afford one at the time and that's how I ended up with the 996. I ended up paying almost double what I could've had the 993 for a few years ago.

I put lots of posts up here commenting on the 996 and 993. I don't think you'll go wrong getting into P cars. I loved my bmw but always felt that Porsche was the real deal as until a few years ago all they did was sports cars. Just my two cents. Happy hunting.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00