View Single Post
      02-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #41
PABrian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm much more of a fan of the two-tone white/black, with those wheels. This car has very pronounced lines which, I think, are very positively accentuated by a two-tone color scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
I love this color and wheel combination! This definitely slants more towards sport than efficient like many of the other show cars we have seen. It'll be interesting to see what kind of performance upgrades you can wring out of this beast by upping the engine and battery power, as well as increasing the tire width.
I agree on performance upgrades, especially if there is any way to wring out more performance from the electric motor without replacing major components (which I would think would cost a LOT of money and void your warranty pretty quickly).

On different wheels and wider tires, I'm really on the fence with that. When choosing new wheels, I'd be very conscious about weight. Would it not partly defeat the purpose of this car to throw bigger, heavier wheels on it? Wider tires could help somewhat, but might not be too necessary as the car only weighs ~3300lbs, has great weight distribution and a very low CoG. You don't need much tire for a car like that.

Aesthetically, sure...but this car is all about performance AND efficiency, it's not an M6.
Appreciate 0