View Single Post
      07-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #88
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

I am in London for the European stage of the BMW i3 premiere. and the response has been astounding, some try to spoil the mood by asking about the M4 and M3 for that you have to wait till next month for the M4 Concept and Tokyo in December for the M3.

Reading some of the comments here and I just had to put some people right.

For every i3 BMW sells it will be profitable.

The i3 is accessed like the MINI Clubman you open the front door and then operate the handle to open the rear door.

The investment for BMWi is not only lucrative for BMW , but other industries as well who are very much interested in buying CFRP for other forms of sustainability such as shipbuilding , architecture and aeronautics.
Our partner Toyota is also interested in purchasing CFRP from BMW.

The genius of BMW is why the next generation of BMW , MINI and Rolls-Royce models will benefit. It all begins with the next 7er family.

Today BMW has effectively left its competitors behind in advancing the automobile , how its engineered , manufactured , designed and driven.
The i3 is completely thinking out the box , unconventional but wholly intelligent.

Our competitors now have to wait to see how the car performs on the market and then rush to get their alternative out as an electrified B-Klasse , A3 and Golf are not going to cut it against the i3.
The BMW is as it states Born Electric. It showcases an individual concept to electric mobility and that is its appeal.

The BMW i3 is only the beginning and approaching will be the progressive sports car the BMW i8 and we can't wait to tell you about that car!
Of course other models for other segments will also feature under the BMWi brand.

I am willing to bet that in a few years time BMWi will be as synonymous as alternative drivetrains as is BMW M with performance.

* amateur render of what a BMWi Sports Sedan could look like using the BMWi design language.
Attached Images