View Single Post
      09-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #25
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommolog View Post
I heard a lot of that at the US premier in NYC. Once people get to see it in person they have a much different opinion. The i3 is going to pull a lot of new customers into the brand for sure. The early ordering in Europe has been very strong, they will have difficulty keeping up with the demand for the first year for sure.

It's much faster and handles better than my ActiveE while also having much more interior room and more luggage space. The range is about the same and you can get the range extender if you need/want more. The wild card is if people in the US are willing to accept the unconventional styling as much as they will in Europe. That's when seeing it in person really makes a difference. It really looks better in person than pictures.

My dealer in NJ already has already started a waiting list and it's more than 6 months out. This bodes well for BMW.
We have already over a thousand orders for the first i3 cars due in November in Germany alone. This is not counting global orders.
This is expected to increase during the duration of the IAA.

Of course this is not forgetting the global impact the car has had on current and more importantly new customers.
The US Premiere will be at the LAIAS in November followed by the Japanese premiere in Tokyo at the same week.

The i8 is also being appreciated, the star of the IAA already stands at a few thousand orders even before the car was unveiled. In the last week alone , interest has shot through the roof. Again the car will US Premiere at LAIAS and again in Tokyo.

The impact of these cars will be felt across the market and our competitors know that.

The first media drives of the BMW i3 will commence in October.
The i8 in early 2014.