Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post Report: BMW i3 Price and Specs - $35k, 150HP, 160 mile range

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Report: BMW i3 Price and Specs - $35k, 150HP, 160 mile range
COMMENTS

A report out of Car and Driver claims that the the BMW i3, BMW's first electric vehicle, will start at approximately $35,000. The i3's power, range and top speed will be 150hp, 160 miles, and 100mph, respectively.

Even more stats are provided by their "deep inside source in München [Munich]" - luggage room is supposed to be a large-for-its-size 14.1 cubic feet, split between trunk and the under-hood space.

Despite being an all electric vehicle, the BMW i3 will have sporty intentions. It's been confirmed to be RWD and "mid-engined" and has all along been advertised as using extensive use of carbon fiber to keep its weight down while maintaining structural rigidity. It will be the world's first volume production car made of lightweight carbon fiber and is to be built in Leipzig. BMW expects to have the cars produced in "Significant volumes" by 2013, targeting 30,000 annual sales at the get-go.

* The picture above is merely a rendering. See the latest spy photos of the i3 here - http://www.bimmerpost.com/bmwi/

Appreciate 0