01-03-2017, 03:51 PM   #6
tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by u5g335 View Post
Thanks for all the useful information. It would be nice if there was a way to have the battery temp displayed permanently without going through that multi-step process in the service menus to see it. Some kind of warning that limited power is available like the 37degF warning would help too. Now that I know what to look for, I will adjust my driving style accordingly if it happens again. Also the coolant temp of the rex while running would be useful like every other car that has a coolant/oil temp gauge. These readings are important to know while driving. I have been keeping the car plugged in over night all the time now and have not had it happen again since even without setting any preconditioning so all is good. Maybe 2017 models keep the batteries conditioned when plugged in at all times. I know we are considered early adopters but there is such limited info on all this from bmw. The i3 technical training docs available online provide a nice overview but don't discuss in detail how things are programmed.
I urged BMW to include a battery temperature display both before and after the i3 launch, but they decided against it. Like you, I would like that information available, even if I had to toggle a bit through iDrive to find it.

No, the 2017 i3s don't have battery temperature available either. We need to keep posting in forums like this and giving BMW feedback on the things we'd like to have available. They read these forums; don't think for a minute that they don't. Make your voice heard!