View Single Post
      11-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #21
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

While I am 'only' about 6'2", I'm quite long waisted, and last I measured, from sitting on the floor with my back against the wall, it was 38.5" to the top of my head, not counting the hair (which varies!). So, I sit taller than many people the same height, and yes, cabin height is a major concern for me and I am limited in what I would buy as a result. In the USA, the sunroof is part of any interior other than the very base offering, so if you need the height, you cannot enjoy any of the other items that are part of the packages...some places have quite a few stand alone options, but they tend to package them in the USA, feeling that 'everyone' will want one if they want a 'nicer' interior which I say is BS. Let us decide, like they do in many markets...it's not like they can't or aren't building them that way already, so it can't be a certification or factory capability issue, but no, they just won't do it. Tried to get my GT built without one, and they refused...luckily, it is big enough (barely) with one installed, but without, I could move the silly seat off the floor. Have the problem of even with it down that far, I look into the middle of the rear-view mirror, and to see all around, have to duck my head which isn't great for best safety. Can't recline the seat any more because then, I couldn't reach the silly steering wheel. Don't like my knees way above my waist, so can't move closer and then still reach the pedals...personal problems, I know, but I really wish movable pedals were something BMW offered...it would then add a huge amount of additional flexibility to the seating position equation.

BMW does not list the difference in headroom on their vehicles with and without the sunroof...without one, it appears I have enough room from the drawings, no idea how much the sunroof takes up until I try, or someone measures both the same way. Looks like I'd have about an inch for my hair, which is sometimes, not enough. Hard to tell until you got the seat adjusted for you, rather than their generic setup and measurement.
Appreciate 0