View Single Post
      04-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #26
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

If you actually look at the solarwatt website, some of their systems offer a charge storage solution. I don't know what they are planning on pairing with the car, but it would be a system that could charge during the day, and be able to recharge the car at night. I think most people know you cannot completely charge off solar cells, but depending on location and number of solar cells, you could get close to 80% charge from the sun. Would you complain if the government subsidized the same percentage of your gas costs?

Ideally, I would take one of the solarwatt systems with a Model S any day of the week. I just don't happen to make enough money to purchase a $100k car.

If you have been to Germany, you know that most households do haven solar panel system on their houses. If anything, it does cut down on our bill, and the German government did subsidize part of their costs. It is the short sighted, selfish train of thought that prevents many Americans from jumping onboard. Just don't think the cross section of America necessarily applies to the global market.

Last edited by bavarian19; 04-28-2013 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0