View Single Post
      09-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Since it will likely be months before I can actually sit in an i3 in the USA, I would like to know the interior dimensions for both the driver's position with and WITHOUT the sunroof. The drawings I've been able to access have very low resolution, and when you zoom in, you cannot read the numbers with any reliability. Also, width, length, and height of the rear with the rear seats folded - I want to see if it will hold my foldable recumbent trike.

Few of the manufacturers list headroom both with and without the sunroof in their vehicles, and this can be VERY misleading, especially in a market where it is not an option (while you might consider it an option in the US on the i3, it really isn't if you want any of the upgraded interiors, since they package the sunroof with them - IOW, only if you care for the 'base' vehicle can you get one without the sunroof). Since the incorporation of a sunroof can steal as much as 3" of headroom, it can be a BIG factor in whether I fit or not.

If things work out, I may get to LA and check it out there in late November, but it would be nice to know if what I want to carry would actually fit.
Appreciate 0