09-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #22
tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Guys I gotta tell you I was not looking forward to this car either. I was sort of like Meh... But after seeing, touching and driving inside the i3... I am really a fan of this concept.

BMW will really change what people think an electric car will perform. The car just oozes quality and warmth in its design tones. After riding in one i3 I took a ride in a new Golf... and I could not believe how cheap and plasticy the Golf was! The i3 really is a game changer for the e-(electric) world.
I heard a lot of that at the US premier in NYC. Once people get to see it in person they have a much different opinion. The i3 is going to pull a lot of new customers into the brand for sure. The early ordering in Europe has been very strong, they will have difficulty keeping up with the demand for the first year for sure.

It's much faster and handles better than my ActiveE while also having much more interior room and more luggage space. The range is about the same and you can get the range extender if you need/want more. The wild card is if people in the US are willing to accept the unconventional styling as much as they will in Europe. That's when seeing it in person really makes a difference. It really looks better in person than pictures.

My dealer in NJ already has already started a waiting list and it's more than 6 months out. This bodes well for BMW.