Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lightbulb LA Auto Show 2013: BMW i8 North American Premiere

BIMMERPOST NEWS
LA Auto Show 2013: BMW i8 North American Premiere
COMMENTS

The production BMW i8 is making its North American premiere at the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show, looking striking in Crystal White.

This particular i8 was available for us to sit in and we had some great up-close looks at the many areas of exposed carbon fiber as well as the interior, which you can see in our photos. The interior materials felt good and the seats hugged well. Ingress/egress is difficult though as expected with a design like this. You can tell by the photo of the gentleman. It's great having the exposed carbon fiber to see and touch. The doors feel surprisingly light, even when you already expect it to because of their carbon fiber construction. And regardless of whether you feel gullwing doors are practical, opening and closing it from inside/outside always gives the feeling of an exotic.

The i8 comes to market in 2014 Q2 and is priced at $135,700. It features low fuel consumption (94 mpg) and emissions output and is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds on the way to an electronically governed top speed of 155 mph.

Also see our BMW i8 Official Thread and i8 news/features.

BMW i8 North American Premiere - 2013 LA Auto Show

Appreciate 0