United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM View Post
major let down to be honest. I saw the original I8 in Frankfurt 2 years ago and thought the current concept wasnt as good and now this?? the glass housing on the front headlights??? wtf even the facelifted R8 is going to loose the glass for free standing lights....a bit dissapointed bmw didnt have the cojones (or knowhow?) to put out a trully XXII century vehicle. hopefully its just a disguise....

a regular 1ser shark fin and even the fuel tank lid looks dull compared the cool looking one on the concept.... even the side mirrors look like they came from a regular 1st gen 1 series!! major let down who here would pay the reported 150000 Euros for a car that comes with a 1ser mirros???
and it looks like the gullwing fullglass doors are gone too (notice the crevice in front of the door) along with the gorgeous bonet lines above the front wheels. And are those production wheels or they just swapped them for testing??
It's a test mule. Most likely some of those parts aren't intended for the production model. Look at previous test mules for the M5 and 1M to see how they changed along the way to production.