View Single Post
      06-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #56
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
This event is for those who have most likely have the means to purchase any car they could possible want. I am sure that they have some form of statues to get the first 8 i8's delivered. But who cares???
I do...

The car is a waste, when BMW is putting so much into it, but neglecting their core customer? We get it, BMW is #1 now... and they have forgotten what/whom got them there. An i8... before North America gets a BMW hatchback..? An "Active Tourer" that nobody wants..
(We've been told lies)

Because BMW decide that the future is here, so they are going to make hi-posh cars for the German elite..? And invest very little money elsewhere..?

I don't see the i8 as a halo car, I see it as a distraction from BMW making driving machines. Don't care how many Don Johnsons buys an i8, it does very little for the rest of BMW's line-up. People who will buy a Ford Escape, over a BMW Active-Tourer, or who purchase a new Ford Mustang, over a M235i (or even an M4) don't care that BMW wasted years of development on a car they don't want.

How much did the I-series cost BMW to develop? How many will they sell..? Where is the demand..?
Appreciate 0