10-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
GM did not meet their first year projections. But that statement is no long relevant, they sold more than 3x they did in 2011. How is the Volt not successful when it sells the most units in this class of cars? Plus that is only in one country. The Telas numbers are worldwide. The Volt actually out sells a number of BMW models each month in the US.
What are you driving at? The Camry rocks because it sell so well, it's clearly better than every BMW, Porsche, Lexus, etc.

The Volt is picking up momentum, no doubt. I see quite a few daily. Yet it did struggle to meet the initial sales goals and still trails the targets they set for it at launch, even if that is 3x better than initial demand.

But it's not an electric car like the Leaf, which I rarely see, the Mitsu Golf-Cart-Thing, which I've seen one of or the other screwball electric cars out there. Aside from the Tesla, there has yet to be a successful electric car, or in simpler terms, there has not been a volume selling electric car under $50k.
Appreciate 0