12-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic786 View Post
I personally think BMW is going a little to far for what they were intended to do. I bet you there are going to be soooo many cases against bmw for driving while on facebook, and the driver was distracted and had an accident...BMW should focus on keeping the Navigation state of the art, but honestly all these apps are going to distract people when they drive. And if it can only be accessed in Park, ALL OF US HERE KNOW, CODING CAN TAKE CARE OF THAT and people are going to be browsing there facebook and updating there status while being on the highway.... They should stick with the actual BMW driving experience or put some more research and devolopment in to there fuel system and injectors lol
I see what you're saying, but I think it's important to point out that most average buyers of a BMW (i.e., those not likely to participate in enthusiast forums) have no clue about coding and just do what the car lets them do.

One can make the same argument for DVD In Motion, which allows to watch movies on the front screen while driving in a variety of cars, BMW and MB included. It's possible to drive while watching a movie, essentially done by coding, and be distracted.

So I'd say for the vast majority of people, if the car only let's you use a feature while in P mode, then that's how it will get used. We're not the norm here.

On another note, I have no idea what most of these apps are. I enjoy the Pandora integration and I think the next most useful BMW app would be Spotify. The rest I can't even comment or figure out. Some of the BMW apps like connected drive are cool but again, sort of gimmicky. I mean, how often does one really, actually need to remotely honk the horn?

Pandora is the only BMW app I consistently use.
Appreciate 0