04-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #47
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
I think you might be nit-picking, just a little bit. The cupholder is the biggest eyesore. All that other stuff, I think you'll find in many cars no matter what the price, except maybe a Pagani where everything is handmade and meticulous.

Also keep in mind BMW has something like 4 i8's in the US that it shleps from city to city for major and minor events. They get craned into places, put on the grass outdoors, indoors, etc. While they should clean the car, it's not unreasonable to find some mud/dirt underneath the car; it's not really brand new in the sense that it was put on a truck and send straight to NYIAS in bubblewrap.

The rear cupholder is the biggest most glaring oversight in my opinion.

The plastic seatbacks, while I said earlier could have been carbon, that would have definitely raised the price of the car a notable amount.
I am not nitpicking. That is what is called quality, luxury, right? And you are wrong: I can put pictures with an old Jaguar, the rubber and fit and finish is flawless 7 years later and used everyday. heck, I can do the same with many other cars that don't cost even half of that price.
Secondly, it doesn't matter if the car is moved from here to there, from grass to dirt, the rubber should fit. I believe that that is not dirt, look better, these are scratches, I have the same things on my Accord painted exhaust from the power wash, but that is 7 years later and still does not look like that.
After one year of driving I should expect the rubber seal to look worse and fell apart on this car?

Recycling materials? Shouldn't be cheaper if is recycled? And why I am geting recycled materials in my car? Ford uses in the Flex one kind of plastic made from straws but still looks better. and yes, it cost less.
Also, I don't want a car made from second hand materials, for that money I want a toy that I can enjoy from every point of view, including richness of materials and awesome fit and finish with perfect fitting and no gaps.
i was looking to buy a new toy that I am driving in the summer, however I am almost sure it will not be the I8. I might wait and see the new NSX. I am almost sure that will not look worse than this one....

Last edited by Teutonic; 04-21-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0