Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
back to your comments:
My expectations are not that high for the price. I think you and me are different, I do have some expectations when you ask a certain price. And don't pull the technology idea, you have the proof that others can build same technology car and still provide quality for the same price, if not cheaper.
I am not losing the idea of the I8. While I like the car and the exterior design, I think it is poorly executed in terms of fit and finish and materials.

Pagani, was never in my list, I never liked it, so I am not interested.
But Aston Martin for example, can build exquisite, beautiful machines with an enormous attention to detail.

Maybe you don't work for the money but I do, and I want to see value in a car that I am buying and respect from the manufacturer. Obviously, others can focus and technology, sustainability and driving pleasure while they care about the materials and fit and finish. And, at the same price, if not cheaper.
Other car companies do offer carbon fiber coupes with hybrid drivetrains. The LaFerrari, The McLaren P1, and the Porsche 918...which aren't "cheaper" than an i8. Yes, I know, they are more bespoke and have larger engines, but they are also an order of magnitude more expensive.

And I guess I will be "that guy" and bring up what I'm sure more than a few on here are thinking:

And forgive me if this is crass or insulting, I hate making assumptions about people on the internet based on their cars (coming from someone who parks a Fiesta ST and a AE86 GTS Corolla next to his SLS), but are you seriously considering an i8 for purchase? Do you have a deposit on one already? If you aren't, you're wasting a lot of time making annotated pictures and writing walls of text to argue something that is moot. Maybe it's because I don't get personally invested in things out of my reach, but I've never been one to post on boards for cars I'm not actively considering/have a deposit on.

Again no offense, this is all just a bit weird.

Last edited by Carac; 04-22-2014 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0