04-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #58
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Carac, while I do understand (somehow) your comment, I still believe it is insulting. It does matter that I have a downpayment for an I8? I mean, I am not entitled to discuss and make remarks in regards with a vehicle because I don't have a downpayment, or even if I can not afford one? Really?
First, I don't like to talk about my financial situation, nor my cars usually, I did it however to show that there is a difference in some cars that cost a lot less and which don't even have the pretentions to be halo cars.
Secondly, I might afford a Corolla today, I might afford a Bugatti tomorrow; it does not matter in a discussion. I can very well take pictures from a brand new $55000 Mercedes and post it in here to prove the point, right?
Third, due to the fact that I am VERY pretentious, I will never put a deposit or buy a car before I do not see it and touch it.
It matters in as much as without a deposit or a place on a waiting list you're looking at a 2 or 3 year wait, according to dealers. And you're free to spend your time as you see fit, discussing cars whether or not they are in your personal future. I'm just saying I wouldn't waste my time going to a Porsche dealership to tell them why I don't like a car I'll never buy (a 918) or have the chance to, it's a waste of my time and theirs. Good health and good luck in whatever you're trying to accomplish with a rant about weather stripping and headliners in internet pictures about a car you may or may not want and may or may not even be in the market for...

Here's hoping the on again, off again M1 project gets green-lit and meets your expectations. Of course, the rumors with it were that it was going to be well over $300-400k, which puts it well out of my reach. But for that much they can make a "no expense spared" halo car.

I've been as nice as I can be with the tone exhibited.

Last edited by Carac; 04-22-2014 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0