04-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #65
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
It's the internet, tone is open to interpretation. You financial status only informs me to whether your criticisms are academic or are an attempt to inform BMW of flaws that are directly preventing a sale to you, nothing more. If you had sat in a final production vehicle, driven one, and experienced it first hand, then I would give your arguments weight, regardless of finances. But no customer cars have been delivered, no final cars are in the market. People nit-pick about cars all the time to the level you describe, but usually after they've had direct exposure to them. We'll see once deliveries begin, but like I said, I'm not as picky as you with these things and the sum of the i8 is more than a few pieces of rubber and fabric.
I was disappointed by how the whole discussion went in touching personal area that educated people should never reach. I am glad that you cleared a little bit the air; that shows character and I am happy to see this kind of attitude.
I still believe that this kind of comments are not proper, nor relevant and shouldn't be brought in any discussion. Anyone is entitled to an opinion and everybody should respect the other.
I do agree with you: the car was not delivered and not in the hands of the owners yet. I am waiting to see it too. We will reopen the discussion then.
The main reason of my comments is the fact that I truly want to see this brand paying a little bit more attention to some things. I would like to see it flourish not getting washed and diluted. I am interested in the i8, I find it intriguing and different and I like that, but I want to see a certain level of quality and a sense of pride from BMW's part. So far, while I am impressed with the exterior design, I am not impressed at all with the interior. We will see.
All the best.
Appreciate 0