View Single Post
      02-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #3
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
I have now driven it a few times extensively and each time it gets a little better. The sensation from the regenerative brakes of the i3 when you depress the accelerator pedal and it starts to slow down as if you stepped on the brakes still takes a little getting used to. Acceleration is quite nice as it's basically all torque from a standstill. Those who watched the drag race video of the i3 versus the E92 M3 Coupe shouldn't be trying to race any sports car, let alone an M3. It's even more obvious the M3 suffered from traction issues which is why it looked like the i3 was able to hang around but daily driving performance is not an issue. I tried to get above 75-MPH but ran out of street after nailing the throttle and waiting 15+ seconds. Handling was actually quite the surprise. I tried to get it to oversteer a few times but I only got it to squirm here and there. Perhaps an aggressive Scandinavian Flick was in order lol. Fair amount of understeer. The tires are so skinny! I think they are 155's lol. Still not thrilled about the styling on the exterior design itself but the interior is a nice place to spend time in. Oh I also did not like the transmission gear lever design.

EDIT: None of the ones I drove were the REX version

Last edited by Ghetto2315; 02-17-2014 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0