View Single Post
      09-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Well I say never. Because as I have countlessly mentioned there is no space for a V8 or whatever else needed such as a new DCT transmission.

The i8 will remain as it is. And at it is current status the i8 is very fast and agile , a true sports car albeit a progressive one. To add any conventional ideas to the i8 defeats the purpose of the i8 and its intentions of a sports car in a Brave New World.

That's not to say that ideas are on the table on how they can use the i8s genes for something else.
You have the i8.

You can modify it to an infinite extent. More torque, more power (electric), suspension, there are countless ways of making a car more performance-oriented without adding power.

Examples being the new Subie BR-Z tS and all of BMW's M-Sport models. There are so many ways to modify the i8...

The i8 has the capability to be made into a perfect track machine. Target it at people who would have been willing to buy a cheaper 918/LaFerrari, use electric power in conjuction with a more powerful combustion engine (still small) and...well, there's a lot of things that can be done. The Porsche GT3's aren't really a huge leap in terms of power, it's the weight reduction, the stripped interior, and the handling that makes it great.
Appreciate 0