Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
Yes they are. I have ordered an i3. But i keep my porsche and BMWs. Yes, i mod the hell out of my cars and have now almost 400 rounds around the nurburgring with them.

That the most hitec and innovative compact car ever made can provoke so much ignorant comments in a BMW forum is just, hmmm, strange.
Finally.

I think many people see this as a threat to usual car as we know it. Which explains all the bashing. And frankly if you wanna bash it, bash it for rather poor range compared to say, Tesla, rather than its styling. That way it at least wont sound as the the weak "car is ugly, must be bad to drive" argument.

It usues a lot of carbon fibre in it! Think about it, that\s pretty awesome. Interior architecture is amazing. It is spacious. It looks pretty good for a city car, etc. They will have the i8 to show they can do sports car too, but the design direction is brilliant. I can easily see an SUV with the same shapes and so on. So what if this looks like a VW Bus. it has a purpose.

I'm with you on this, man. I'll keep my sports car but for every day commute in short distance, Id be so happy to have this i3 as main car. My main fear with it is that its range will be awful in cold climates where I live. So I'm looking forward to your review once you get it and see how it fairs in cold Norway!

Also imagine how reliable this thing has potential to be? So much less moving parts. Blown head gasket? Blown turbo? HPPF failures? Exhaust issues? Pressure in ciliners? Spark plugs? Dafuq else it doesnt have that breaks down after few years.

Last edited by Tallest; 08-03-2013 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 0