View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

I had an opportunity (after twisting some arms) to try to sit in the i3 today. While I like the concept, as I was afraid, I just don't fit into it, at least getting in and out. Planting my butt while facing out, then bending and twisting as much as I could, I hit my head, maybe as much as 3-4" from the top of my head on the roof. FWIW, I do not bend well, and more flexible people may never notice, but of the BMW models, the only two I get in and out of comfortably are the 5GT and the 7-series (understandable, since they're on the same platforms).

So, very disappointing. Your results may differ. I'm not all that tall, but combine that with long torso and fused, stiff parts of my back, and it's a no-go. I really wanted to save my GT from the mostly short trips to the store...longer ones happen, but the majority are short. Being able to use electricity and not have oil, exhaust, or warming up issues just may not be in my near options.

FWIW, the door opening on the Ford Focus is fine...I can get into and out of that, as well as the Nissan Leaf, but neither is as square in the back, so carrying my recumbent trike to the bike trail would either require taking it apart, or carrying it on a carrier behind. I'd like to avoid that, as having it inside if you wish to stop going or coming means it is much more secure than strapped to the carrier behind.
Appreciate 0