11-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
Any idea where the photos were taken? I assume it was Germany, but it's interesting that it's a right-hand drive car.

First shots I've seen of someone (looks to be a child) in the rear seat.

Curious why they still have the stickers "Hybrid test vehicle" on the car.

All the pics look to be taken, here in Germany. The first bunch were(probably) taken a few blocks behind Marienplatz and/or Odeonsplatz in downtown Munich.

The gas station pics were taken at the Döttinger Höhe gas station ( http://www.doettinger-hoehe.de/Dottinger_Hohe/Home.html ) across from the 'Ring. You can see the Audi banner on the BTG(Bridge to Gantry) on the straight just before the tourist entry/exit point for the 'Ring.

The shots of the white i8 looks like the streets around the FIZ(BMW's R&D center) a few blocks up from the BMW Welt.

FYI... just because a car is RHD doesn't mean its being driven in the UK(or other RHD markets).

The reason why the i8 has the words: "Hybrid test vehicle" on the doors is bc it is a German law in case the cars were to become involved in a accident for the fire dept/first responders would know it is not a normal car. Also on the back of every German prototype it is written: "Werkstestwagen" so the public knows the car is not forsale. Sometimes the car manufactures use the word: "erprobungsfahrzeug" but you do not see that often.

Dack
Appreciate 0