SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

[QUOTE=Dackelone;14662293]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purecraftgerman View Post

YuP! I saw Angie, on N-TV.

When you stop and see that VW took their 8K euro UP, and made it a e-wagon... and they want 27K euros for it! Makes the i3 look like a deal! The i3 is a real car that can be used like one. And what I like about it is that it has some real performance. That really can not be said for the other e-cars on the market. I think VAG and MB will be playing the catch up game while BMW continues to innovate in this segment.
It was interesting to stand back and watch as what is a common ritual at major autoshows your most direct competitors coming on to your stand to see what is new and watch their faces and overhear their comments.
Of course the i3 and the i8 had many direct comments especially when those manufactures have took the easy route to electrifying existing production models.

Of course with BMWi we are also launching the BMW eDrive line which will offer existing models as plug-in hybrid as an alternative to BMWi .

The best thing is that many took away from their experience that BMW are truly an innovative and creative manufacturer which is measured by foresight , intelligent thinking and focus on priorities and that is entirely summed up by the i3 and i8. Even on the market today there is nothing visually or in conception as the BMW i3 and i8. As nearly every journalist I spoke to at the IAA mentioned that we have completely turned the original concept of electric mobility on its head , and that the BMWi cars are truly game changers.

The next game change for BMW - Front Wheel Drive.
On the Monday ahead of our internal preview I drove the first FWD BMW and my impressions is that even against its front wheel driven competition , the BMW was more direct than an A3 or Golf, this is going to get interesting over the next few months especially with the launch of the Active Tourer which will also be offered with eDrive down the line.