fishpond
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillick View Post
Hi fishpond,

Did you order the 650s direct from Blackvue or elsewhere? Where did you get the Cellink UPS from?

I've just taken delivery of my Protonic Red i8 yesterday and keen to get a dashcam fitted ASAP (especially after the idiots trying to race me when I went for a drive out last night!!).

I have a 3 mobile hotspot which I don't use often, so thought about putting that in the car to make use of the cloud function.

Would appreciate any advice!

Thanks,
Stuart
Hi Stuart

Congrats on the protonic red - very nice choice indeed!

I purchased my 650S from Halfords and the Celllink from Amazon (see: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). Also purchased a 64gb microSD card (Lexar 300x which is known to be compatible with the 650s). The dash cams were pretty easy to fit and only took me about an hour and a half. The only awkward bit was working in the passenger footwell area to access the fuse compartment which is under the glove box for the piggyback fuse connection.

The cloud function is brilliant since you can set it to pop up specific notifications on your phone allowing you to play back events or access the cameras live from wherever you are as needed. I've just ordered a 2nd EE hotspot with 12 months of data included since Currys had them for £65 in their Black Friday sale. The plan is to use the sim from this new one once the first year is up on my existing hotspot. At just over a fiver a month it seemed a no-brainer to me...

Let me know if you have any queries - happy to help if I can.

Last edited by fishpond; 02-22-2018 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 0