View Single Post
      03-26-2018, 12:12 AM   #3
tonorc
Rep
Drives: x3

I just purchased a new fully loaded 2017 i3 REX and have absolutely no regrets. Yes, I considered waiting another 12 to 18 months for a Model 3 but from what I can see the only thing that makes the model 3 better is it's looks. With discounts from BMW and the dealer, the price ended up being considerably less than a Model 3 with the small battery and basic options, and my range with the i3 is great. 100 kph on our local highways gives range of 200 km plus, with another 100km on the REX but I haven't needed it yet. Plus I can stop for gas if needed without waiting for fast charge. The Consumer Reports maintenance data tells me that the 2014 had some issues, but it appears the bugs have now been worked out and reliability is excellent. I plan to do some coding to enable some European features such as hold 75% with REX. I also plan to keep the car for 10 years. Advantages of the i3 over the Model 3 include a sun roof that opens, superior finishing quality, better reliability, instrumentation that is more familiar to me, hatchback with folding rear seats that can accommodate my bike, light carbon fiber body, etc. The $US 35,000 model 3 is a myth.

Last edited by tonorc; 03-26-2018 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 1
rocke29105.50