View Single Post
      09-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #8
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastoys View Post
Why is BMW making an electric car to compete with the Nissan Leaf when the Tesla is hurting their 7 series line? BMW is about Ulimate Drivng Experience and a Leaf killer is not the answer. BMW needs an electric 7 series to put tesla in their place and if you can afford a tesla you can afford an electric 7

I3 is dead
The i3 is certainly not dead as for the Tesla comparisons we do not have a product that competes directly with the Model S. I wish people would stop comparing the i3 to the Model S because it is not a direct competitor .
I had to correct many journalists in regards to that fact. The i3 is a purely urban concept , but i3 is purely going to be the game changer for conventional manufacturers.

The highlight of IAA press day ? Watching the faces of the senior executives of our direct competitors investigating the i3 and i8.
In regards to the 7er? We sell the 7er globally , Tesla sells against the 7er only in the USA.

When the BMW i5 comes on stream then we can see how BMWi will compete directly with Tesla . That is when it gets interesting...

Last edited by SCOTT26; 09-14-2013 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0