Pitkis
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: i8 2014

Thumbs up My i8 delivered today!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Ok, I just couple hours ago collected my i8. Dealer was Bavaria Solna in Stockholm, Sweden. I have photos about the car but can't get them attached now, I will work on it and try to fix them later on today.

The night before was reasonable to sleep but last two hours I hardly could do anything than scroll between the sheets. Then taking taxi to Solna and had instantly meeting with my dealer Johan Wigren. He has been extremely helpful and done a lot of work during the sales process. I just counted that I have sent 48 e-mails during arrangements and done dozens of phone calls regarding i8. This car is not for sale in Finland which has made this whole process very complex. Nor it has service, tires or anything else available yet in my country.

After meeting with Johan, we went to see the car. And when I saw it in the hall for the first time...WOW!! Even better looking than I could expect and when you know it's your car, the feeling is unbelievable. I got in the car soon and it felt really good. Workmanship inside is clearly better than in showcars I have seen and all the details are finely taken care of. Pure Impulse looks also very good. As I already know much about this car, we wasted no time with technical details and went to handle paperwork. Then Johan took X3 and I followed him with my i8 to the harbour. I will carry this car to Finland by ferry.

About driving. Simply great. I think this description of featherlight like mentioned in Top Gear says it best. Car is very light to handle, sound is very very interesting both slow and higher speed. Steering is very accurate. I drove some 20 km so not much to report yet, all in downtown streets.

Appearence is amazing, people do U-turns on street and stop cars just to take pictures. And for the driver this car offers exitement more than any other machine that I have driven. There's simply nothing ordinary in this car and driving a car that is 5-10 then years ahead of it's time makes you feel really weird.

I will report more later on and attach images asap.

Name:  bmwi8delivered-1.jpg
Views: 26981
Size:  220.3 KB

Last edited by Pitkis; 08-21-2014 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 0