04-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #1
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Picked up the car on Saturday evening, and couldn't wait to take its first official photos on Sunday morning, Earth Day . No better and more appropriate backdrop than the famous Griffith Observatory here in Southern California, followed by fun driving through the canyons of SoCal and along Pacific Coast Highway.

What an amazing car! I'll share more impressions later, but wanted to get these photos posted so you could all enjoy along with me. This has been a very long time coming for me, but it was definitely worth the wait.

Finally got around to adjusting my photos for posting (had to re-size them). Most of these were taken a week ago, the day after I picked the car up, when I went touring along Pacific Coast Highway and in the canyon roads near Malibu. Great backdrops for the shots. Had a model friend of mine join me and she wore an appropriate i-electric blue dress. I'm the goofy guy in black with the big grin on his face.

The last two shots in the mountains were taken later last week in Angeles National Forest above my home in La Canada after I had the tinting done (3M Color Stable 20 on all windows, nothing on windshield). First time I've ever done tinting and I love the look, particularly with the color scheme of the car. Also impressed with how much cooler it keeps the car.

Threw in a couple interior shots, showing the Tera World color scheme and the new carbon fiber accents. Also included one shot of the HUD while in Sport Mode, Manual shift. Very useful display now, with clear indication of the gear selected. If Nav is engaged, Nav directions are moved off the HUD to the instrument display. Since I was parked when I took this photo, what you don't see is the other color band that is displayed above the mostly grey band that you do see which will show the optimal shift point for the current gear selected.

Final image is a screenshot from the BMW Connected app, showing my projected e-range of 30 miles. I've gotten a little over that when in Eco-Pro mode. Great improvement and perfect for me, given that my typical daily mileage will be ~ 25 miles.

Only one week old and I already have 800 miles on the car (there's lot of great scenery to explore in SoCal). I'll eventually settle down with the mileage, but I'm like the proverbial kid in the candy store at this point. Next big journey will be to Las Vegas in a couple weeks for a Tiger Woods charity golf tournament. Thank goodness for that rear seat area for the clubs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
JasH621.00
YWGT3362.50
Shane550X127.50
E90325M475.00