05-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post BMW Delivers First i3 in the U.S.

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW Delivers First All-Electric i3 in the U.S.
COMMENTS

BMW Delivers First All-Electric i3 in the U.S.

Tufts University professor of practice Charles Rabie to receive the first U.S. BMW i3.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – May 2, 2014…
Today, BMW delivered the first all-electric BMW i3 in the U.S. to Boston resident and Tufts University professor of practice Charles Rabie at the BMW of Boston dealership. Hundreds of BMW i3 vehicles are currently at U.S. facilities and ready to be delivered to customers nationwide, ushering in a new era of electromobility.

Rabie is an electric vehicle advocate and has been driving the BMW ActiveE since 2012. Also among this first group set to receive a BMW i3 is Los Angeles-based former E! Entertainment leading correspondent Ashlan Gorse Cousteau, married to renowned documentary filmmaker and environmentalist Philippe Cousteau, grandson of Jacques Cousteau.

“Today marks a big day at BMW of North America - What started out as a dream for an innovative sustainable vehicle under the BMW i brand can now be found on streets across the U.S.,” said Ludwig Willisch, President & CEO, BMW of North America.

The BMW i3 is the first of the BMW i vehicles constructed from the ground up primarily of carbon fiber to enter the U.S. market. With 170 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque hybrid-synchronous electric motor, the fully electric BMW i3 is electrified by a 22-kWh lithium-ion battery, good for 80-100 miles of emission-free driving. Agile and engaging to drive, the BMW i3 is ideally suited for dense urban areas. The BMW i3 has a base MSRP of $41,350 and the range-extender model will have a starting MSRP of $45,200.

BMW i is the BMW Group’s forward-looking and sustainable brand dedicated to solving many of the mobility challenges faced by the world’s most densely populated cities. The all-encompassing approach of BMW i includes the extensive use of recycled, renewable raw and naturally treated materials, alongside an extremely resource-efficient production method.

Name:  NC-NY-10978-012.jpg
Views: 7243
Size:  199.4 KB

Name:  NC-NY-10978-015.jpg
Views: 7227
Size:  193.1 KB

Name:  NC-NY-10977-014.jpg
Views: 7257
Size:  219.1 KB

Appreciate 0