billy.gif
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Mas81 View Post
i am not using ac or any seat heater or anything else
If you want to test your battery back in "layman way" please drive to charging station, charge the car up to 100%, put the car into "Full EV mode" (the button under Start button) and then choose "Eco Pro"-mode, reset the trip o meter and drive until car will start petrol engine.

Please report to us the outside temperature, driving environment (city, suburbs, B-roads, rush hour etc) and your personal driving style.

With PRE-LCI -model (2014-2017):

-IF the EV-battery is OK the car should, I mean should have range of at least 15-20km (10-13 miles) in UK's spring weather of ... 8-10 C? And with moderate driving, not "race starts"

-IF the EV-batteries are in top nick, under perfect circumstances and with driver with experience of hybrid drive drain etc. Then the achievable real world range may be up 30 km / 18 miles. But to achieve this out of your i8 you basically need flowing country or "B-roads" with 60-80km/h speed limits and energy efficient driving style, no traffic lights, no roundabouts.

With LCI -model (2018-2020):

-With bigger battery pack (11,2kWh versus 7,1kWh) and more powerful EV-motor i8 is able to achieve over 50km range with one charge. Yet again, its depends very much with speed, driving environment, driving style, weather etc.

Last edited by billy.gif; 03-17-2024 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0