View Single Post
      09-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #169
eHelmholtz
TARDIS
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Well, have you actually gone and test driven a Volt? I have. I test drove it on back-country roads around Orange Virginia, and hammered it really hard. I've been driving a 3-Series as a daily driver for 25+ years and I can tell you the Volt is quite impressive. Now at 9/10ths it may not feedback like a BMW 3 Series (from what I hear nor does the F30), but it's not bad; and like the i3 it’s not meant to be near-lux sports sedan anyway. You are assuming that the i3, because it has a Roundel on the hood, it axiomatically handles well, and that because the Volt has a Bow-Tie on the grill it’s over-promised and under-delivered (which it is not). The Volt delivers on the EPA rated electric-only range and in the gas-mode range too (unlike some recent hybrids). The build quality of the Volt is very very good. I can't see where the Volt and the i3 are not in the exact same class of car: Extended-range Battery Electric.
I agree with the above; the Volt is quite a bit of fun to drive especially after you switch out the stock tires with stickier Michelin tires. Sure, it's a different driving experience compared to my E85, then again the 2 cars are meant for different purposes for me. My hope is that the i3 compares well against the Volt.
Appreciate 0